[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Patch Together :: Forum • View topic - The SchizoCerberus is back

Welcome to PatchTogether Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The SchizoCerberus is back
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:34 pm 

Yes, one of my first submissions on PT is back. In 3D. I've sculpted it. With my own fingers. :D
I don't think I will submit it to be produced, I've made it by pleasure overall, but if you want to give your opinion to me, don't hesitate, we're here to share ;)
So, here is the link toward my first version of the Cerberus :
http://www.patchtogether.com/designs/designs/view/id/3256

And below you'll find the new one. I haven't painted it yet, I'm thinking about a dark grey (to make think of ashes...) for the whole body. And red for the heart-eyes, pink for the tongue... something like that.
If you want I'll post other pics when it will be painted.

Oh and I was thinking about something : do you think a DIY schizocerberus could be a good idea ? The shape would be much simpler and more neutral than mine, and people could paint the expressions they want on it. They could make a Frankenstein head, a lizard cerberus, zombies heads, etc etc... Tell me what you think of it. Perhaps I'll sculpt one to show you what kind of shape I have in mind.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The SchizoCerberus is back
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:46 am 

He looks really awesome Elfenn. Your a really good sculptor. I think I would have lowed the confused head so it's neck was polar with the body, but that just me being picky C; I would love to see him all painted up. Charcoal and ash gray would be a great colour scheme. I would like to see what you come up with for a DIY toy version.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:38 pm 

yup, fantastic idea. Very very nice job. I think grey and red would be nice. Maybe make his paws red and slowly turn grey like his body is cooling off the higher up. Inspirational work for sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 am 

Hi !
I'm sorry I've been a bit busy (everybody is busy when the sun rises :D) last weeks.
Thanks for your comments :)

@Zonkey : this stupid head (he's not only confused, he's definitely stupid :p) has worried me, I didn't know how to place it and finally I haven't thought enough of its position. If I had to make it again, I would low it a bit, as you say.

@Polysoup : I've also had this idea, to make an effect on the paws to give the impression he comes out from fire. But I was afraid of failing (I should have sculpt a kind of relief, to make think of lava) so I've prefered a simple painting.

Here are the pics ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:38 am 

He looks great Elfenn. The simple colours really suit him. C: Did you use Acrylics paints on him?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:28 am 

Thank you very much Zonkey :)
No I didn't use acrylics, I used paintings for models and I must admit that I don't really know what's inside except a lot of chemicals :p I'm not sure it's really recommended for Sculpeys figures but, well, the Schizocerberus hasn't melted or blown up yet, so...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:55 am 

DIY figures are such a tricky area. You need to get all of the detail and character that you are able to really sell your design and make it your own, but you need to balance that with what people look for in a custom and if there is enough room for them to put their own spin on your work. Difficult, but worth considering I suppose.

Your sculpt is looking lovely. Given the choice, I would make all of the heads angry ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:16 pm 

Lol! Great sculpt!

As for a DIY, I think the figure would need to much more generic and simpler. It needs the room for interpretation.

Very good all on its own though!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:30 am 

Thanks fot your comments !
Yes for a DIY I would make a very much more simple shape, I think the hardest is to give it an identity, a real potential and the will for customers to buy it :s
I'll try one day, I'm thinking of it ;)

Offline Profile