[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Patch Together :: Forum • View topic - Help for my next idea for a toy...

Welcome to PatchTogether Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help for my next idea for a toy...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:29 am 

I want to get some new designs going, but I'll need a little help. I want to do some lesser know mythological creatures as my next toy (or toys), but I'm not sure which I should do. Now before you guys start linking me to the lists in Wiki, I know them and that's not what I want... I want your guys opinion on what creature you would like to see. I would prefer ones that are lesser known or have very little exposure (so dragons, griffins and unicorns are kinda out C; ). Something along the lines of a baku, Midgard Serpent, Thunderbird, etc. I don't care where the creature comes from as long as its something interesting, and not someone's OC/species. I draw animals better but I'm willing to try my hand at humans as well. So hit me with your best shot! 8D
Also I want to know if you prefer the creature you choose to drawn in a bad ass or cute style. I do cute better, but I'm willing to try my hand at something bad ass.
I'll be happy with any feed back. I'll research your creature and decide whether or not it do it. So if your creature isn't picked, I may have felt it was not realistically possible for me to make as a toy.
I look forward to hearing from you guys C:

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Help for my next idea for a toy...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:11 am 

ooo, i'll have to come up with something. Stay tuned!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:32 pm 

So I can't seem to get the idea of a turtle out of my head. There are many stories having to do with them. They are calming and should be a nice launching pad for artistic styles. I don't see it as cartoony nor do I see it as realistic. Some beautiful blend in between.

I'll come up with other ideas too . . .

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:04 am 

A turtle could be interesting.
I have heard stories of the world turtle, but the only thing with this one is there are a lot of animal toys with plant on them, here on PT. I have seen carvings of dragon turtles, which could be a good mix. Another interesting one is Mock Turtle from Alice in Wonderland.
Turtles could be a very interesting concept I'll need a little more help zeroing in C;

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:56 am 

There is a World turtle in the tee section...so I guess that's out. :T
Any other ideas...anyone?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:55 pm 

:( ok. How about something "air" related. Really play you stylized wind swirls. Build the figure on the base of the wind gusts. Not sure what god though. I had this idea of a demon forming from the plumes of smoke and the smoke was the base. I never finished it though. It was for the voodoo challenge. I still think I'd like to see the plume idea realized somehow by somebody.

Here was one of my initial sketches but I could never get it to work :(
http://polysoup.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2zrieu

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:41 am 

That's a really cool idea, I'll have to try it. Perhaps I'll mix the two ideas together and see what I get. Maybe make the dragon turtle in a cloud of smoke...something serene but powerful. Could make a really cool toy. Thanks Poly!

You should try your hand at another toy too, Poly. I haven't seen much from you lately. C;

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:44 am 

According to Aztec myth, there are 4 jaguars that hold up the sky called Bacabs. Aztec art-inspired jaguars with a cosmic theme could be really, really cool :o

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:50 am 

Ooooo.... I could add that to Poly's swirly clouds idea too! Something serious, but a concept loose enough if you don't know Aztec God (me being guilty of that) you can still enjoy it. I'll have to try both! I needed a new inspiration boost... I knew talking with you guys would help ;D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:58 am 

Exactly! Honestly, the Bacabs are pretty obscure and I think they really need to be a set of 4 to be recognizable, but there's a lot of cool things you can do with an "Aztec sky jaguar" ! :)

Offline Profile