[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Patch Together :: Forum • View topic - Ammut

Welcome to PatchTogether Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:15 am

All times are UTC

Ammut
please! 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
no thanks 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
sure 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Re: Ammut
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:59 pm 

Elfenn: Maybe I try something along the lines of #1 colouration and patterns with #3 eye markings. I agree with the colours in the collar, the red of the heart would balance with the red in the collar. The bib idea is cute but I'm not sure thats what I'm reaching for. I'm going for a cute Ammut, but baby Ammut might be too much. Adding a bib, I would feel that more baby things would be needed like a diaper or rattle... Might step too far away from the dangerous animal she suppose to is to be. Thank you for the idea tho. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:24 am 

The latest ammut... Hows she looking?
Attachment:
amutt3d.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:43 am 

Her head feels a bit mushy to me right now. It seems as if the upper jaw portion is flexing upwards, but remember that only the lower jaw can move, the rest is part of the skull. I also feel that the eyes are very flat looking, I get the impression that if I looked at it in profile the eyes would be like coins. There also isn't much going on around the eyes to make them feel like they are part of the face. I did this super crappy paintover to show what I mean (really super crappy, I don't think it should look like this, just some ideas)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:16 am 

konako- thank you for your feed back. I can see what you mean. My intention was the head is tilted upwards as well as the lower jaw coming down, but I guess it didn't translate well. As for the eyes I would have them more like orbs like the googled crocodile image below. (or similar to what I have done with my Stubborn sculpt)I will try re-position the snout a bit and work on some turn arounds so every one can have an idea from all angles. I think this one will need some kind of sculpt to go with it to relay information better.
Attachment:
american-crocodile_219_600x450.jpg

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:21 pm 

It looks awesome. Very detailed love the ank around his neck. The heart shape ball is a nice detail. You'll get a 5 out of me when is submitted. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:00 am 

If you haven't guessed I have given Ammut a little hiatus for the turn arounds. I'm wondering if I could do more/better with her design. Thinking of going back to the drawing board so that I love her design more...making me want to do more angles. She mocks me -.- I'll keep working on her and try not to let the concept die, but currently, I'm not in love with her yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:51 am 

I know what you mean Zonkey. Sometimes it is best to keep working at it so that when you finally upload the design, you are happy with it and it is the best design it can be. I've got a few toys sitting at various stages in the design process myself so I know where you are coming from. Maybe I'll look at uploading the sketches and design process for feedback, but for the moment I am keeping everything fairly close to the chest.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:46 pm 

Looking good! I like this design. Keep working on it until you love it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:57 pm 

Long time no Ammut, but I have final got to some turn a rounds. What I have changed is i have put a little tilt to her head like what most dogs do when you talk to them. Also I cleaned up the style a bit, so hopefully the eyes appear to be raised off the head. This will likely be my last revision on her and then I'll throw her to the wolves and see how she fairs. I have another design I may put up here, it currently in another contest so when its not pick (and it probably won't be due to the amount of entries) I have it up on PT.

Offline Profile