where design and community
comes together
Mermaid and Centaur
by Mellie from FL, United States
Toy > Fantasy
Submitted on 14th May 2010
Comments : 10 comment(s)
Voted by : 46 People
Average Score: Vote to know the Score
Visits : 3293
About My Design

The mermaid and centaur are in love. They live in a magical island with beautiful beaches. Here they are playing with a butterfly, while the orchids and the strawberry poison dart frog protect them. The centaur is a powerful hunter, capable of taking down any beast with his bow. On the other hand, the mermaid defends herself with her mind-controlling and seductive magic and her dangerous tail. Together they are the strongest force on the island.

10 Comments
adriarte commented on 26th May 2010 (Report Spam)
great!
JarrodArthur commented on 20th May 2010 (Report Spam)

Nice wok, great colors.

Mellie commented on 16th May 2010 (Report Spam)

Evil-santa, thanks for the comment, I do agree with you. The reason why I didn't do back and side views is because I just started doing digital painting with a tablet and I still struggle with it (this is my second digital painting so far). I put so much work on the front view that I thought I would just post it and see if people like it and then work on the other views. Maybe I should just practice digital painting before I post any designs. Anyways, thanks for giving your opinion and advice, I really appreciate it.

Mistress-Miel, can't wait to see the one you make! I really like centaurs and mermaids. :)

Thanks to everyone else for all your comments and votes!

evil-santa commented on 16th May 2010 (Report Spam)

Interesting choice of colours and nice simple design but there are a few things you may wish to take notice of. All of the alternative views you have offered here provide no depth for the three dimensional quality of your design and are instead used to show detail shots. You can easily relegate a larger and more detailed picture in a comment for those interested. Providing a three dimensional view of your design will help people understand how a resin figurine would look and may attract potential customers.

The base, which appears to be a large rectangle, shows no character and could be improved by suggesting a more flowing, natural shape such as the subject of water would inspire. In truth, using a semi-translucent material would help here as well.

One other matter to address would be the frog as it seems to stand out with a far greater level of detail than the rest of the image.

Hope this helps you.

Mistress-Miel commented on 16th May 2010 (Report Spam)
Oh! I actually had a similar idea I was going to submit! Lol. Its very pretty though. The colors are bright and vibrant. Makes me wonder if PT should open a diorama section. I Love the details!
Kirikou commented on 16th May 2010 (Report Spam)
This is cool, I like the splashing water :)
doodles commented on 16th May 2010 (Report Spam)
Great design! Love the colors and all the details.
Jon1188 commented on 16th May 2010 (Report Spam)
Very nice, I like the colors on it. Oh and the little frog! =p
amy1122 commented on 16th May 2010 (Report Spam)
It's so unique! I love it!
Mellie commented on 16th May 2010 (Report Spam)

Just for anyone who wants to know, this design is for a figurine and the water would act as the stand for it.

More Designs by Artist
About Artist

Mellie has submitted 5 designs so far.

Embed this Design

Embed this Design to help promote it around the web.

Click on the box below, Press "CTRL + C" to Copy and then Paste on other websites or blogs that allow basic html.